Today’s modern world of dating can be confusing at the best of times; with an influx of new dating slang and niche terms, you’d be right not to know where you stand.
This leads us to NSA relationships; without prior dating knowledge, one could only guess as to what those three letters in conjunction mean. Follow that up with the FWB NSA meaning, and most people are totally lost.
By definition, the true NSA meaning is No Strings Attached. As such, two people enjoying frivolous bedroom fun or going as far as virtually doing everything that a typical couple would do together, just without the commitment of being together.
By being in a NSA relationship, people are effectively given the freedom to do as they please, and having sexual intercourse with someone outside of the pair is perfectly fine. This is completely opposed to in a normal relationship, where this behavior is strictly off-limits.
Engaging in an NSA relationship undoubtedly has both its pros and cons; therefore, we decided to call upon our dating experts to weigh them up properly!
Pros of NSA dating
- No obligations. By being just friends with benefits, minus the emotional connection, you aren’t required to do the tedious things necessary at the beginning of any new relationship. Meeting the new “in-laws” is a cringefest at the best of times.
- Freedom. This one goes without saying. An NSA relationship allows you to come and go as you please, achieving eternal self-gratification and a never-ending supply of new competent lovers. If you’re not somebody looking to be tied down, the recent societal change in acceptance towards your actions is welcomed, to say the least.
- The thrill. We’d all agree that there aren’t many better feelings than being wanted sexually by a member of the opposite sex. Both men and women alike universally love the “thrill of the chase” pursuing romantic partners brings. At the beginning of all new connections, the butterflies are felt in your stomach, but as time goes on, these rapidly begin to fade, and the passion dies. Therefore, always chasing nee sexual interests ensures unending fun in your life.
Cons of NSA Dating
- Reputation. By being that someone who’s always seen with someone new, a stigma can quickly be associated with you, making it much harder to settle down when you really want to. After all, nobody wants to be with someone who’s already been with everyone else.
- Unreciprocated feelings. You are always at risk of falling for someone who doesn’t feel the same way about you in NSA relationships meaning you’re at risk of getting hurt.
- Negative outcomes. The majority of people engaging in NSA relationships ultimately end up getting hurt. Sooner or later, no matter how high “the highs” are, most people end up feeling hurt or used in the end. Therefore it’s vital that you carefully consider whether an NSA dating experience is right for you.
Is an NSA Relationship Right for You?
Think of both the potential positives and negatives that will apply to your life personally. Only you know whether pursuing this risky alternative style of dating is right for you. Yes, there may be fun and wild sexual experiences for a while, but is this the happiness you’re looking for ultimately?
On the other hand, if you have all of the keys to success in your life now and don’t have the time to be committed, an NSA relationship may well suit you to a tee and bring you the internal satisfaction you seek.
If all that you’re missing is a passionate sexual connection and you have no time to think of setting down, naturally, a NSA relationship is the missing piece of the jigsaw. Try to find a like-minded singleton as soon as possible.
Whatever the case, we recommend that you seriously consider what to do next before moving forward and making a decision: So, take your time. Weigh up whether or not the time is right to pursue an NSA dating partner or whether to focus on a more traditional style of dating.
If you enjoyed this expert guide to no-strings-attached dating, we have more fantastic dating advice and expertly written content online now on maturedatingsites.co.uk. And don’t forget to share this page on your social media if you want to support us!